Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module is based on knowledge achieved in the project module
Microprocessor based systems or similar.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge about instrumentation and conditioning of
sensors and the conversion of measurement variables into electrical
- Have obtained knowledge about calibration and signal processing
for the measurements systems.
- Be able to design and implement sensor and actuator interface
hardware to the microprocessor
- Must have knowledge of signal processing of measured data both
in real-time and offline.
- Have obtained knowledge of the design of first and second order
analogue filters for conditioning of measurements.
- Be able to understand the importance of signal conditioning and
processing for measurement devices.
- Be able to understand the connections and interfaces between
microprocessors and sensor and actuator hardware
- Be able to understand the design of analogue filters and their
effect on measurements
- Based on the above, be able to create requirements and test
specifications that enable the completed system to be tested
- Be able to design and implement basic analogue and digital
circuits and demonstration in laboratory
- Be able to design and implement instrumentation for systems
based on demanded specifications
- Independently analyse and implement suitable signal processing
- Have a fundamental understanding of analogue filters, signal
conditioning, data acquisition
- Be able to implement and test the developed system with the
purpose of verifying the hypothesis, as well as draw conclusions
based on the achieved result.
Type of instruction
Problem-based and project-oriented project work in groups.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the work load is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Instrumentation|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination with external adjudicator based on a presentation
seminar and project report.
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|