Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Knowledge of the subject-specific methods as well as tools
applied for the design, fabrication, characterization, and modeling
of the biological and organic nanostructures described in the
- Knowledge of the biological, physical, and (bio)chemical
principles behind the subject of the thesis.
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Ability to approach, describe, and solve a specific problem
using the tools available.
- Ability to explore and achieve sufficient understanding of the
state-of-the-art within the area of the thesis subject.
- Ability to define the limits of the project.
- Ability to demonstrate scientific and professional project
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization
- Compose a project report according to the field's norms,
use correct professional language, document extensive inclusion of
relevant original literature, communicate and discuss the
project's research-based basis and problem and results in a
written, graphic and oral manner in a coherent way.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Applying the knowledge and skills obtained during the master
program to solve the subject specific problem of the thesis with
the support of the supervisor.
- Evaluate the approach, methods, and materials used for the
project to fulfill the goal of the project.
- Be able to relate the problem to the relevant field/area and
the obtained results.
- Be able to make and justify decisions on the relevant theories
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
Extent and expected workload
This is a 30 ECTS project module and the work load is expected
to be 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam
|Type of exam
Master's thesis/final project
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures