Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module builds on knowledge obtained by the project on NB1 (1st
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The project is designed to cover a broad range of topics. It can
be a rather more theoretical or experimental project dealing with
all aspects relevant for manufacturing and characterization of
- Must have knowledge about methods and tools used for production
and characterization of biological/organic nanostructures.
- Must be able to understand the fundamental concepts behind the
methods and tools used for production and characterization of
- Must be able to produce biological/organic nanostructures and
must be able to investigate their properties by using different
methods and tools.
- Must be able to evaluate the different methods used for
production and characterization of nano(bio)structures.
- Compose a project report according to the norms of the
scientific field, include relevant original literature, use correct
academic language and communicate the project's research-based
basis and problem and results in a coherent written and oral
manner, including the connection between the problem formulation,
the project's execution and the main conclusions.
- Evaluate and select relevant original literature and current
scientific methods, models and other tools used in the project
work, as well as assess the project's problem in relevant
technical scientific context.
- Must have obtained the skills to produce and characterize
biological/organic nanostructures by using different tools.
- Plan, implement and manage complex and unpredictable research
and / or development tasks and assume a professional responsibility
for conducting professional and interdisciplinary
- Take responsibility for own academic development and
Type of instruction
Supervised project work done in groups.
Extent and expected workload
This is a 15 ECTS project module and the work load is
expected to be 450 hours for the student.
Prerequisite for enrollment for the exam
- An approved PBL competency profile is a prerequisite for
participation in the project exam.
|Name of exam
|Characterisation of Nanobiostructures
|Type of exam
Oral exam based on a project
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures