Recommended prerequisite for participation in
This module is based on knowledge gained on the 1st Semester of the
MSc in the Manufacturing Technology programme.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained an understanding of relevant technologies enabling
the design of intelligent machine vision modules
- Have gained an understanding of the basic steps of image
processing techniques and how they can be integrated into machine
- Have gained an understanding of how to develop and simulate
advanced machine vision solutions
- Have gained an understanding of how to select the right optical
sensors and fuse multiple modalities (lidar, 2D & 3D vision, 3D
point clouds) for a manufacturing module.
- Have knowledge about the business potential of machine vision
- Be able to integrate various technologies to provide
manufacturing systems with intelligent capabilities (e.g. image
processing and understanding, feature extraction, image
segmentation and classification, product localization, visual
inspection, anomaly detection)
- Be able to integrate and implement machine vision into a small
and limited manufacturing system.
- Be able to collect data and train an intelligent machine vision
module to adapt to changes in production.
- Be able to professionally participate in projects aiming at
developing advanced machine vision modules.
- Establish the foundation for applying machine vision and
relevant simulation tools for future research and development
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme curriculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam
|Applied Machine Vision
|Type of exam
Written or oral exam
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures