Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Knowledge of subject-specific theory, methods and tools applied
for characterization, design, fabrication, or/and modelling.
- Knowledge on advanced applications within the field of
specialization for solving technological problems.
- Understand the connection between analytical, numerical and
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Be able to apply analytical, numerical and/or experimental
methods for characterization, design and/or fabrication of
materials within the field of specialization.
- Be able to apply relevant theory to field specific
- Be able to solve advanced engineering tasks within the
field of specialization.
- Be able to compare and evaluate assumptions, limitations and
uncertainties related to the methods applied in connection to
finding solutions of advanced engineering challenges.
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization
- Compose a project report according to the field's norms,
use correct professional language, document extensive inclusion of
relevant original literature, communicate and discuss the
project's research-based basis and problem and results in a
written, graphic and oral manner in a coherent way.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Be able to handle development-oriented situations in connection
to either studying or working.
- Be able to evaluate and apply subject-specific methods and
tools applied for characterization, design, fabrication, or/and
- Be able to analyse and solve an actual problem within materials
engineering through application of systematic research and
development processes, including advanced analytical, experimental
and/or numerical methods and models.
- Be able to use the correct terminology in oral, written and
graphical communication and documentation of challenges and
solutions within the field of specialization.
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
The project work is carried out as an independent work process
in which the students themselves organize and coordinate their
workload in collaboration with a supervisor.
The project may be carried out individually or in groups.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 25 ECTS project module the expected workload is
750 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Materials engineering|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|