Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge about methods and tools used for production
and characterization of nano – and microstructures.
- Must be able to understand the fundamental concepts behind the
methods and tools used for production and characterization of nano
– and microstructures.
- Have gained comprehensive knowledge and understanding of
fabrication and/or modelling used in the area of nano – and
- Must be able to produce nano - and microstructures and
investigate their properties using relevant methods and tools.
- Must be able to evaluate the different methods used for
production and characterization of nano – and microstructures.
- Be able to choose a material or material system for a given
- Be able to fabricate and/or model a material or materials
system for a given application
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the nano - or
microstructured material or materials system and its influence on
the desired application.
- Be able to give a critical evaluation of the methods applied
for characterization, fabrication and/or modelling of nano – and
- Compose a project report according to the norms of the
scientific field, include relevant original literature and use
correct academic language. Be able to communicate the project's
research-based basis and problem and results in a coherent written
and oral manner, including the connection between the problem
formulation, the project's execution and the main
- Evaluate and select relevant original literature and current
scientific methods, models and other tools used in the project
work, as well as assess the project's problem in relevant
technical scientific context.
- Must have obtained the skills to produce and characterize nano
– and microstructures by using relevant tools and methods.
- Be able to apply experimental methods and/or numerical models
to validate a given hypothesis.
- Be able to use advanced experimental and/or numerical
techniques within the field of nano – and micro-structured
- Be able to apply the background theory and the insight
obtained, to synthesize and/or model materials for a given
- Plan, implement and manage complex and unpredictable research
and / or development tasks and assume a professional responsibility
for conducting professional and interdisciplinary
- Take responsibility for own academic development and
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module the expected workload is
450 hours for the student.
Prerequisite for enrollment for the exam
- An approved PBL competency profile is a prerequisite for
participation in the project exam.
|Name of exam
|Production and Characterization of Nano- and
|Type of exam
Oral exam based on a project
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures