Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module builds on knowledge obtained from the project module on
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
• Must have the knowledge and understanding of the most
im-portant nanotechnological fabrication methods such as optical
and e-beam lithography, physical and chemical vapor deposition, wet
and dry etching techniques.
• Must have the knowledge and understanding of the most important
imaging and analysis techniques, e.g. SEM, AFM, ellip-sometry etc.
• Should understand scientific methods and theories in relation to
the topic of the semester.
- Must be able to apply micro- and nano-fabrication methods to
produce components for (bio)sensors, nanoelectronics, and
- Must understand limitation and advantages of various
fabrication techniques and must be able devise the fabrication
- Must be able to evaluate the quality of the produced
- Build a project report according to the scietific field's
norms, include relevant literature, use correct
academic language and communicate the project's problem
and results in a written and oral manner in a coherent way,
including the connection between the problem formulation, the
project's execution and the main conclusions.
- Justify choice of literature, methods, models and other tools
used in the project work, and evaluate the project's problem in
relevant academic, social, economic and theoretical context as well
as in relation to the scientific literature.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of design, fabrication
and analysis procedures required for production of functional
- Must be able to apply the knowledge within nanofabrication in
order to design, create, and analyse structures on the
- Must be able to reflect over relevant theories and methods used
for fabrication of nanostructures.
- Handle planning and implementation of a project and handle
complex and development-oriented tasks during the project work as
well as contribute to the project group's work and
- Identify own needs for continued development and learning
within the subject area.
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision.
Extent and expected workload
This is a 15 ECTS project module and the work load is
expected to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam
|Fabrication af nanostructures - project
|Type of exam
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures