Recommended prerequisite for participation in
Knowledge on object-oriented programming.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must be able to understand architectural issues such as the
division of functions between terminal, server and networks.
- Must have knowledge about low-level service enablers in
relation to Internet of Things, sensors, and smart actuators
- Must have knowledge about development platforms and
environments, such as Software Development Kits (SDK), simulators,
emulators, and Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Must have knowledge of web development tools, e.g. MEAN
(MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js and Node.js), RESTful programming
models and JSP (Java Server Pages)/servlets
- Must have knowledge about basic artificial intelligence and
pattern recognition algorithms and principles.
- Must have knowledge about platform programming and scripting,
e.g. tablets, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or Smart TV
- Must understand interface and communication concepts in
relation to external servers, databases, and cloud-based
- Must be able to design and implement platform
services/applications using high-level programming languages and
- Must be able to perform platform programming and scripting
(Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoS, Smart TV, etc.).
- Must be able to use sensors and actuators to implement Internet
of Things-related systems and devices.
- Must be able to use simple artificial intelligence algorithms
in platform services and applications.
- Must be able to apply programming interfaces to communicate
with and use external servers, databases, and cloud-based
- Must be able to design, develop and evaluate platform software
- Must be able to produce technical documentation.
- Must have the competency to design and develop viable ICT and
media services that can address a wide range of user needs and
provide a good user experience
- Must have the competency to compose more advanced service
functionality using state-of-the-art software tools, Internet of
Things, cloud architectures, sensors and simple artificial
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed at the start of Chapter 3.
|Name of exam
|Development of ICT and Media Services
|Type of exam
Written or oral exam
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures