Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- To provide students the opportunity to combine their knowledge
from previous courses and projects.
- To give students the chance to improve their programming and
software engineering competences.
- To enable students to develop approaches that are in the
frontier of cyber security engineering and research.
- To provide the student with knowledge about the state of the
art in a plethora of cutting-edge cyber security topics.
- To provide the student with knowledge about how research is
conducted in cyber security.
- To provide the student with knowledge about recent developments
in network and application security via the utilization of newly
- Must be able to understand the fundamental pillars of cyber
security research and evaluation.
- Must have knowledge on a broad spectrum of innovative
technologies and on how they can be applied in the context of cyber
- Must be able to comprehend and analyse research articles from
the top cyber security conferences and journals.
- Must be able to understand how sophisticated threats,
vulnerabilities and attack methods function and how countermeasures
can be developed and applied.
- Must be able to understand advanced concepts, principles and
practice of network and application security.
- Must be able to identify research questions and challenges for
a variety of topics in cyber security.
- Must be able to use various state of the art frameworks for
analysing network traffic, identifying adversaries, as well as for
- Must have the ability to critically review, summarize and
discuss scientific content in cyber security.
- Must have the competences of identifying open challenges in
different cyber security research areas and discussing them on a
- Must have the competence of connecting research challenges and
questions with real world problems and products that will have an
impact to the society.
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed at the start of §17; Structure
and contents of the programme.
|Name of exam
|Advanced Topics in Cyber Security
|Type of exam
Written or oral exam
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures