Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- To provide the student with knowledge about state-of-the-art
Internet of Things (IoT) devices, their functionalities, and the
privacy and security considerations related to those
- To provide the student with knowledge about virtualization,
cloud computing, edge computing, and their security aspects.
- To provide the student with knowledge about recent trends of
IoT and cloud integration, with a focus on the privacy and security
- To provide the student with skills to perform analysis, design,
and implementation of systems that integrate IoT and cloud
computing, with a focus on privacy and security.
- To provide the student with knowledge about recent developments
in communication technologies, such as 5G, their usage, and their
Must have knowledge about:
- IoT devices and the usage of cloud computing in complex IoT
- open source and commercial state-of-the-art tools and
frameworks for IoT and cloud integration.
- privacy and security considerations of such architectures.
- different virtualization techniques, how they are used to
support the cloud and their security characteristics.
- privacy and security by design principles.
- programming for IoT devices.
Must be able to:
- design and implement secure solutions for IoT devices that make
use of the cloud.
- use common frameworks for developing secure IoT solutions
provided by the biggest cloud providers.
- analyse and discuss the security aspects of existing IoT
- understand the adoption of 5G in the context of IoT and edge
Must have the competencies to:
- design and implement secure IoT solutions that integrate with
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed at the start of §17; Structure
and contents of the programme
|Name of exam
|Security in IoT and Cloud Architectures
|Type of exam
Written or oral exam
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures