Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in the 1st semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who complete the module:
- Must have knowledge about the main methods to deal with risk in
a management framework.
- Understand the methods for risk analysis and
- Are able to apply the principles behind risk management to
independently identify risk and possible response strategies.
- Are able to perform practical risk analysis for identification,
structuring and modelling risk.
- Are able to apply the analysis methods in the various
situations related to risk.
- Are able to assess model parameters used in project risk
- Can formulate alternative solutions for risk mitigation based
on identified risks.
- Are able to choose between alternatives using an appropriate
decision making process.
- Must be able to apply proper terminology in oral, written and
graphical communication and documentation of problems and solutions
within risk analysis and management.
- Must be able to communicate the results of risk analyses and
risk management decisions performed in the project work in a
- Must be able to contribute successfully to teamwork within risk
analysis and management including the decision making process in
the problem area and make a common presentation of the result of
the project work.
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision supplemented with
instructions, workshops, presentation seminars, lab tests,
Extent and expected workload
The module is 15 ECTS which is corresponding to 450 hours of
|Name of exam||Risk Analysis and Management|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral exam based on presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|
Module Coordinator: Associate Professor Dewan Ashan -
University of Southern Denmark -