Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in Risk Management.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who complete the module:
- Know about and understand the contextual challenges of risk
- Know about and understand the cognitive and emotional processes
of risk perception which should guide the development of risk
- Know about and understand theoretical approaches towards risk
- Know about and understand evidence-based strategies and methods
of risk communication.
- Will be able to identify, describe and discuss the different
theoretical and strategic approaches to risk communication.
- Will be able to analyze the effectiveness of communication
strategies and processes in different risk management
- Will be able to apply different risk communication strategies
and methods to develop effective risk communication messages to
facilitate risk management in projects.
- Will be able to apply adequate terminology in oral and written
- Will be able to critically reflect and discuss different risk
communication strategies in a management framework.
- Will be able to present the communication strategies
developed in the project work in an oral
Type of instruction
Lectures, discussion, group-based project work, student
Extent and expected workload
The module is 5 ECTS which is corresponding to 150 hours of
|Name of exam
|Type of exam
Written or oral exam
Exam format is decided on by start of semester.
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures