Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The course module adds to integrated design knowledge obtained in
1st semester of the Master’s program in Urban Design engineering.
Therefore, the student is recommended to have knowledge, skills and
competencies within the urban design and engineering field
corresponding to the completion of the MSc01 - MSc02 level at the
Urban Design Engineering education.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The objective of the module is to develop an urban design
project that address the challenges affecting contemporary global
societies and environments in a technical, critical and reflective
manner. This is achieved through the identification and selection
of a physical problem within a global perspective, and work with
this as a design challenge.
- Must demonstrate theoretical and methodological knowledge of
relevance to urban design.
- Must be able to apply, understand and reflect upon urban design
theories, methods and tools.
- Must be able to transfer urban design methods and professional
tools to a specific project
- Must be able to articulate an urban design problem, and to
assess, select, adapt and apply knowledge, methods and
tools both digital and analogue of relevance to an urban
- Must be able to communicate an urban design project
- Must be able to integrate relevant knowledge into an urban
- Must be able to independently take responsibility for own
professional development and learning.
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed in § 17; Structure and
contents of the programme.
|Name of exam||Semester project|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|