Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The course module adds to integrated design knowledge obtained in
1st semester of the Master’s program in Urban Design engineering.
Therefore, the student is recommended to have knowledge, skills and
competencies within the urban design and engineering field
corresponding to the completion of the MSc01 level at the Urban
Design Engineering education.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The objective is to strengthen the students’ ability to
(critical-creative) develop urban design for mobilities in the
contemporary network city. The module includes integration of
architectural, functional, technical and societal factors in
relation to the design for urban mobility at specific design sites.
Insight into mobility systems, human embodied practices and
experiences, safe and efficient traffic, digital analytical tools,
and urban life and urban space are interdisciplinary components in
the integrated urban design proposal that shall be developed in the
Students who complete the module:
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the combined
architectural, functional, technical and societal factors
influencing the urban design of contemporary mobility sites.
- Must be able to understand and based on research reflect on an
integrated, advanced approach to urban design of contemporary
mobility sites, and thereby be able to identify and discuss key
potentials, problems and proposals.
- Must be able to understand problem analysis and problem
formulation based on experiments, research-based knowledge, and
- Must possess proficiency in the mastery of a wide range of
analysis and design methods, digital and analogue urban design
tools and urban, architectural and mobilities theories related to
developing and presenting an urban design proposal of a mobility
- Must possess proficiency in assessing, selecting, adapting and
applying methods, tools and theories in relation to an urban design
- Must be able to communicate methods, tools and theories, and
urban design proposals in written, visual, spatial and verbal form
to present and discuss them with peers and nonprofessionals.
- Must be able to engage in a learning environment and master
complex and multiple learning styles individually and in
- Must demonstrate proficient competencies to develop and present
an integrated urban design proposal of a specific mobility
- Must independently, and in collaboration with others,
demonstrate responsibility in conducting an integrated urban design
process and proposal.
- Must, independently, demonstrate responsibility for learning,
including planning, conducting, completing, communicating and
discussing an urban design proposal of a mobility site.
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed in § 17; Structure and
contents of the programme.
Prerequisite for enrollment for the exam
- An approved PBL competency profile is a prerequisite for
participation in the project exam
|Name of exam
|Design for Urban Mobility
|Type of exam
Oral exam based on a project
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures