Content, progress and pedagogy of the
During the Master's Thesis the student will carry out a
Techno-Anthropological research project following good academic and
professional practice that directly or in-directly contributes to
the development of robust and socially responsible technological
solutions to societal challenges. This module is anchored in the
Research group of Techno-Anthropology and Participation, Department
- explain and justify the design of the project.
- explain the socio-technical theories that constitutes the
projects’ theoretical resources.
- explain and justify the project’s empirical methods, e.g.,
qualitative, interactional, interventional, ethnographic or
literature review methods.
- explain central technical processes and artifacts within the
chosen theme or field.
- explain central elements from the technical literature relevant
to the addressed theme or field.
- conduct a project that demonstrates competent application of
interactive, interventional, experimental, analytical, ethnographic
and/or literature review methods.
- conduct a project that contributes to the development of robust
and socially responsible technological solutions to societal
- identify and present the project’s premises, analytical
strategy, results and possible implications.
- evaluate and account for the interdisciplinary aspects of
analyses that have been conducted and solutions that were
- make general conclusions on the basis of the work produced and
in response to thematic and theoretical literature.
- reflect on the consequences of technological change and
development, in for instance digital advancements.
- assess the relevance of the project’s results for future
Type of instruction
Project module. Please refer to §17 of the curriculum about the
structure and content of the programme.
|Name of exam
|Type of exam
Master's thesis/final project
Oral exam based on a project.
|7-point grading scale
|Type of grading
|Criteria of assessment
|The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures