Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The module builds upon the knowledge acquired in 1st semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The core idea in this course is to allow the students to analyze
core organizational functions, processes and systems – these can be
inside the organization or spanning organizational boundaries.
Furthermore, the students should be able to improve the integration
and alignment of these core organizational functions, processes and
systems in a structured and systematic manner.
- Understand inter-relationships between organizational
functions, processes and systems like R&D, technological
development, operations and supply chain.
- Understand key trade-offs between choices made in different
organizational functions, processes and systems and understanding
the impact of functional decisions on overall corporate
- Describe methods to assess the financial implications of
decisions within core organizational functions, processes, and
- Explain the possibilities to conduct risk management at
functional and organizational level.
- Account for cross-functional linkages between organizational
functions, processes, and systems for the efficient management in
the global organization and its value chains.
- Have knowledge about technology as a key process enabler in the
- Identify improvement opportunities integrating multiple
functions within an organization and partners across the supply and
- Evaluate suggestions for improvements inside the organization
and across the supply and value chain in a structured and
- Analyze the sources of risks across functions.
- Develop a holistic performance management system for individual
functions and overall organization
- Design efficient cross-functional organizational and
inter-organizational processes and systems including logistics,
supply chain, and new product development ensuring integration,
risk management and efficiency.
- Design performance management systems for functions considering
their linkage to overall firm performance
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is 150
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Engineering Key Processes|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|