Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module builds on knowledge obtained by the project on NB2 (2nd
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
This project focuses on all kinds of advanced biostructures and
their static and dynamic properties.
Different advanced nanobiostructures will be manufactured and/or
modeled and their static and dynamic properties will be
characterized using state-of-the-art scientific tools, techniques
- Knowledge of the subject-specific methods as well as tools
applied for the design, fabrication, characterization, and modeling
of the biological and organic nanostructures.
- Knowledge of the biological, physical, and (bio)chemical
principles behind the subject.
- Ability to approach, describe, and solve a specific problem
using the tools available.
- Ability to explore and achieve sufficient understanding of the
state-of-the-art methods and principles used in the project.
- Ability to define the limits of the project.
- Ability to reflect over the obtained results.
- Compose a project report according to the norms of the
scientific field, include relevant original literature, use correct
academic language and communicate the project's research-based
basis and problem and results in a coherent written and oral
manner, including the connection between the problem formulation,
the project's execution and the main conclusions.
- Evaluate and select relevant original literature and current
scientific methods, models and other tools used in the project
work, as well as assess the project's problem in relevant
technical scientific context.
- Should be able to identify, formulate, and analyze
independently a problem.
- Should have the necessary skills to identify and apply the
relevant scientific theories and methods to the formulated
- Plan, implement and manage complex and unpredictable research
and / or development tasks and assume a professional responsibility
for conducting professional and interdisciplinary
- Take responsibility for own academic development and
Type of instruction
Extent and expected workload
This is a 25 ECTS project module and the work load is expected
to be 750 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Advanced Nanobiotechnology|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|