Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in the 1st – 3rd Semester
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge, at the highest international level of research,
of at least one of the core fields of the education.
- Have comprehension of implications of research (research
- Are able to reflect on a scientific basis on their
- Can argue for the relevance of the chosen problem to the
education including specifically account for the core of the
problem and the technical connections in which it appears.
- Can account for possible methods to solve the problem
statements of the project, describe and assess the applicability of
the chosen method including account for the chosen delimitation and
the way these will influence on the results of the product.
- Can analyze and describe the chosen problem applying relevant
theories, methods and experimental data.
- Are able to describe the relevant theories and methods in a way
that highlights the characteristics and hereby document knowledge
of the applied theories, methods, possibilities and delimitations
within the relevant problem area.
- Have the ability to analyze and assess experimental data,
including the effect the assessment method has on the validity of
- Are able to communicate scientific problems in writing and
orally to specialist and non-specialist.
- Are able to control situations that are complex, unpredictable
and which require new solutions.
- Are able to independently initiate and to perform collaboration
within the discipline and interdisciplinary as well, and to take
- Are able to independently take responsibility for his or her
own professional development and specialization.
Type of instruction
As described in § 17.
Problem based project oriented project work individual or in
groups of 2-3 persons.
|Name of exam||Master's Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|