Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The project unit will support students in achieving deeper
knowledge and skills in cognitive psychology of perception and use
this knowledge to concrete problems.
- Understand methods to measure and transform subjective
- Understand the perceptual and cognitive problems and use these
in the project.
- Must understand the scientific communication processes related
to conference presentations and related to publishing in
peer-reveiwed scientific journals.
- Must know how to organize a scientific publication.
- Could use methods to measure and transform subjective
- Could communicate scientific work in the form of a scientific
paper and poster in English.
- Can explain the process of and criteria for peer reviewed
- Can write a paper for a scientific conference/journal.
- Can prepare and give an oral and poster presentation for a
Can synthesize the above information through the design,
execution and statistical analysis of user experiments and/or
- Design and prototype manufacture a product that enhances the
interaction between users and the technical system by incorporating
advanced knowledge of perception, cognition and/or emotion
psychological aspects gained through the design, execution and
evaluation of one or more usability tests, where the interaction
between users and technical systems are analysed.
- Clarify the human perceptual or cognitive performance in one or
more modalities and report this for basic scientific use or in
relation to specific applications.
- Must be able to read and understand selected literature and
then apply the theories, methods, and/or tools in order to solve a
- Must be able to present the problem, the suggested solution(s),
experiments and simulation results, as well as the overall
conclusion in terms of a scientifc paper and a poster
- Must be able to present orally the main contribution and
conclusion of the work in terms of a 15 minutes conference
- Are able to judge and prioritize the validity of various
sources of scientific information
- Can apply internationally recognized principles for
acknowledging and citing work of others properly
- Can formulate and explain scientific hypotheses and results
achieved through scientific work
- Are able to analyze results and draw conclusions on a
Type of instruction
The project is documented by:
- A scientific paper, written in English
- A poster, also in English
- Edited worksheets documenting the various project
|Name of exam||Investigation of Subjective Experiences|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|