Recommended prerequisite for participation in
The course module adds to integrated design knowledge obtained in
1st semester of the Master’s program in Urban Design engineering.
Therefore, the student is recommended to have knowledge, skills and
competencies within the urban design and engineering field
corresponding to the completion of the MSc01 - MSc03 level at the
Urban Design Engineering education.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
To give the students the ability to conduct an integrated urban
design project as an experimental, empirical, and/or theoretical
investigation of one or more central, contemporary issues within
the field of urban design. This happens with reflective
incorporation of relevant theories and methods acquired throughout
the full master in urban design.
Students who complete the module:
- Must demonstrate advanced research-based knowledge of urban
design history, theories, methods, tools and practical
- Must demonstrate advanced understanding and reflection upon the
theories and methods applied in urban design.
- Must be able to acquire and position his/her investigation in
dialogue with leading research on an international level.
- Must master the application of research-based theories,
methods, and digital and analogue tools of urban design.
- Must at an advanced level be able to identify a relevant urban
design problem in relation to urban development and urban
transformation, and be able to assess, select and adapt
research-based knowledge, methods and tools to address the chosen
specific urban design problem and develop an urban design
- Must possess professionalism in communicating urban design
problems and proposals to peers and non-specialists, as well as to
collaborators and citizens.
- Must demonstrate advanced integrated competencies to create
urban design proposals.
- Must independently as well as in collaboration with others, be
able to undertake professional responsibility and to initiate and
accomplish complex urban design tasks.
- Must demonstrate responsibility for as well as reflect on own
professional development and specialization.
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed in § 17; Structure and
contents of the programme.”
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|