Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- explain selected anthropological and cultural theories as a
basis for empirical studies of technology and culture.
- present exemplary cases of techno-anthropological field
- explain ethnographic fieldwork as a mode of knowledge
- compare methodological approaches within anthropology and
- conduct qualitative interviews and use different coding
- plan and carry out participant observation
- apply anthropological and cultural theories to reflect on and
analyze cases and empirical material
- choose and justify the relevance of qualitative data collection
methods in relation to a study of technology
- discuss and account for analytical opportunities and challenges
in relation to social and cultural analysis of cases of scientific
or technological development processes.
Type of instruction
Lectures, classroom instructions, exercises, seminars, case
analysis, teacher feedback, reflection.
|Name of exam||Ethnographic Methods|
|Type of exam|
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|