Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to knowledge obtained in 1st and 2nd Semester
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Deep knowledge of the subject matter in the specific area of
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Evaluate the concepts, theories and methodologies applied in
the solution of the problem
- Account for the choices made during the solution of the problem
and substantiate that these are made on a high professional
- Assess and evaluate the limitations of the concepts, theories
and methodologies applied in the solution of the problem.
- Plan, execute and report an extensive individual research
project within an agreed time frame
- Write a well-structured project report, written with clear
arguments including the following elements:
- Develop and delimit an original formulation of the problem
- Critically explore and apply relevant theories and analytical
approaches to the problem under investigation,
- Assemble and process valid and reliable data, relevant to the
problem and sub-problems under scrutiny,
- Make a thorough, systematic, and comprehensive analysis of the
problem under investigation
- Conduct technological development and research, and solve
complicated technical problems using scientific methods.
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Analyse and solve an actual problem of industrial relevance
through application of systematic research and development
processes, including advanced analytical, experimental, and/or
numerical methods and models.
- Work together with a manufacturing or service organisation and
to identify operations and/or supply chain management problems and
finally develop data driven and robust solutions using
- Operationalize theoretical contributions in a practical
- Compare and critically evaluate the results of the project in
relation to existing knowledge and accepted theories within the
- Consider economic and other consequences of the proposed
- Communicate a balanced view of the results and conclusions of
the project in well-organized written and oral presentation.
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
The student is included in the company’s daily work and carry
out independent project work on an industrial problem relevant for
the company. Concurrent to the work in the company, the student
makes a project report, which is evaluated after the ending of the
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 30 ECTS project module the expected workload
is 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Project Oriented Study in an External Organisation|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|