Content, progress and pedagogy of the
This project module attempt to integrate the external
perspective from the course “supply chain configuration”
with the internal perspective from the course “operations,
innovation and organizational configuration” – in order to create
consistent and coherent configuration of the supply and value chain
of a manufacturing or service organization.
- Account for how to link selected parts of operations,
innovations and supply chain strategies with the aim of developing
an integrated approach to the (re)configuration of the supply chain
of an manufacturing or service organization in practice.
- Understand the role for and the deployment of technologies in
the organization’s supply chain
- Explain how to overcome real life challenges connected to the
(re)configuration of the organization’s supply chain.
- Show how to operationalize theoretical contributions to
- Combine insights from the literature on operations, innovation
and supply chain strategy for designing a company’s supply
- Use insights from the literature to support supply chains
management choices such as network configuration, degrees of
integration and location methods
- Analyse the role of technologies in the organizations supply
- Write a well-structured project report, written with clear
arguments including the following elements:
- Develop and delimit an original formulation of the problem
- Critically explore and apply relevant theories and analytical
approaches to the problem under investigation,
- Assemble and process valid and reliable data, relevant to the
problem and sub-problems under scrutiny,
- Make a thorough, systematic, and comprehensive analysis of the
problem under investigation
- Evaluate of the findings and recommendations/solutions, methods
and, if relevant, considerations regarding the limitations and
generalisability of the study.
- Evaluate and select relevant original literature and current
scientific methods, models and other tools used in the project
work, as well as assess the project's problem in relevant
technical scientific context.
- Operationalize theoretical contributions in a practical
- Work together as a team to analyse and collect data in
connection to problems that require an integration of operations,
innovation and supply chain strategy in a real life setting
- Work together with an organisation in connection to identifying
operations and/or supply chain strategies and identify different
- Integrate considerations on the deployment of technologies into
the supply chain strategy of the organization.
- Plan, implement and manage complex and unpredictable research
and / or development tasks and assume a professional responsibility
for conducting professional and interdisciplinary
- Take responsibility for own academic development and
Type of instruction
The module is carried out as group-based, problem-oriented
project work. The group work is carried out as an independent work
process in which the students themselves organise and coordinate
their workload in collaboration with a supervisor. The project is
carried out in groups with normally no more than 6 members.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module the expected workload is
450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Operations Management and Supply Chain Configuration – an
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|