Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained insights into different concepts for strategy and
their significance for the firm’s ability to seize opportunities
and create new markets.
- Have knowledge about possible strategies in the global
- Have knowledge about possible organizational designs in the
- Have knowledge about the possible configuration of innovative
business models and understanding their importance for
- Have knowledge about the challenges in the development of
global markets and their possible solutions.
- Have knowledge about current trends influencing the
- Be able to understand the characteristics and drivers of market
creation and development, as well as the practical means of
handling them in an engineering business context
- Be able to understand the range, scope and complexity of
challenges related to the management in creating and realizing
- Be able to work with different organizational set-ups and
configurations in the global organization and be able to understand
their importance for market and business creation.
- Be able to configure and design global networks and value
chains for market creation and realization.
- Be able to understand the complexities involved in creating
- Be able to design and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of
different organisational configurations (including network
structures) and their possible contributions for the creation of
- Be able to craft strategies for market creation in the global
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS course module the expected workload is
150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Strategy, Organisation and Market Creation|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|