Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge obtained on the 1st and 2nd
semester of the master programme.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Discuss the subject matter of the project specified within the
area of the study programme.
- Solve complex problems using theory and concepts within
- Evaluate and choose among potentially relevant theories,
concepts and methodologies applied to solve problem within
- Evaluate the relevance and limitations of the theories,
concepts, methods and tools actually applied in the project.
- Account for any choices made during the problem analysis and
- Develop solution alternatives and evaluate the consequences of
solution alternatives and make a well-informed choice based on
- Plan, execute and report an extensive individual research
project within an agreed time frame.
- Write a well-structured project report, which meets all
the usual requirements of an academic work, including:
- Empirical background
- Research problem/project objective
- Relevant theory
- Research design
- Presentation of data
- Presentation and discussion of findings
- Evaluation of the project; i.e., findings, methods and, if
relevant, considerations regarding the limitations and
generalizability of the study.
- Analyze and solve an actual problem of industrial relevance
through application of systematic research and development
processes, including advanced analytical, experimental, and/or
numerical methods and models.
- Work together with an organization and identify problems and
finally develop solutions.
- Operationalize theoretical contributions in a practical
- Compare and critically evaluate the results of the project in
relation to existing knowledge and accepted theories within the
- Communicate a balanced view of the results and conclusions of
the project in well-organized written and oral
Type of instruction
The student is included in the company’s daily work and carry
out independent project work on an industrial problem relevant for
the company. Concurrent to the work in the company, the student
makes a project report, which is evaluated after the ending of the
Extent and expected workload
This is a 30 ECTS project module and the work load is expected
to be 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Project-oriented Study in an External Organisation|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|