Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The project is designed to cover a broad range of topics. It can
be a theoretical or an experimental project dealing with all
aspects relevant for manufacturing and engineering of
- Must have knowledge about how to design, model and manufacture
different biological/organic nanostructures.
- Must be able to understand the fundamental concepts of
engineering and design of nanostructures based on
- Must be able to apply the design, engineering and manufacturing
concepts in order to predict and fabricate the desired organic or
- must be able to evaluate the different methods used for
production, design, and engineering of nanobiostructures
- Compose a project report according to the norms of the
scientific field, include relevant original literature, use correct
academic language and communicate the project's research-based
basis and problem and results in a coherent written and oral
manner, including the connection between the problem formulation,
the project's execution and the main conclusions.
- Evaluate and select relevant original literature and current
scientific methods, models and other tools used in the project
work, as well as assess the project's problem in relevant
technical scientific context.
- Must have obtained the skills to design, model, fabricate and
characterize nano-scale (bio)structures.
- Plan, implement and manage complex and unpredictable research
and / or development tasks and assume a professional responsibility
for conducting professional and interdisciplinary
- Take responsibility for own academic development and
Type of instruction
Supervised project work done in groups.
Extent and expected workload
This is a 15 ECTS project module and the work load is
expected to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Nanobioengineering|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|