Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained in the modules at the 1st
– 5th Semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
To demonstrate the totally acquired knowledge, skills and
competencies as described for this bachelor study programme.
- Must have knowledge of how to design and develop solutions to
Manufacturing and Operation Engineering related problem serving the
needs of the stakeholder.
- Must know the role of innovation technologies for production
development of manufacturing and/or service.
- Must know the advantages of both automation and manual work for
sustainable operational efficiency.
- Must be able to identify and apply organizational, market and
technical implications of a given solution to a problem.
- Must be able to develop new solutions or improve existing ones
to new problems related to Manufacturing and Operation
- Must be able to rationalize and scientifically justify the use
of a specific model for a given problem.
- Must demonstrate competences in performing analyses of
organizational requirements for production, manufacturing and
- Must have competences in presenting manufacturing, production
and service scenarios based on specific needs choosing relevant
technology systems meeting those needs.
- Must have the competencies to apply job design theories to
create sustainable jobs.
- Is able to map a product innovation into an automation
- Is able to program automation technologies (robots or
- Must have competencies in preparing a problem definition, a
coherent analysis and writing of a technical report with clear
formulation of results and conclusions, and with proper use of
- Must have competencies in assessing the usefulness of
intelligent manufacturing and service design technologies in
relation to different production and services.
- Must have the competencies to apply design rules, principles
and guidelines in connection with the creation novel systems,
solutions, concepts, products, or services.
- Must have the competencies to apply modern principles of agile
and sustainable manufacturing to company cases.
- Must have competencies in modelling global, organizational and
technical systems based on state-of-the-art virtualization
- Will have competencies to model and analyse the most salient
operations management needs of a given system.
- Must have the competencies to economically justify the
solutions to a given problem apply.
- Be able to deploy knowledge and skills in relation to business
process improvement (Such as Lean-Six Sigma, TPM, TQM, Agile)
challenges of manufacturing, transportation or service
- Be able to combine mathematical tools in an appropriate manner
if it is needed to solve a given problem.
Type of instruction
The module is carried out as group-based problem-oriented
project work. The group work is carried out as an independent work
process in which the students themselves organize and coordinate
their workload in collaboration with a supervisor. The project is
carried out in groups with normally no more than 4 members.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 20 ECTS course module the expected workload
is 600 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||BSc Project|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|