Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
This module is based on knowledge gained in the project module
Products, Processes and Automation.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
To introduce the student to advanced technologies for
manufacturing and service that go beyond the classic technologies,
and give the student the ability to get familiar with new
- Must have knowledge about key technologies for intelligent
manufacturing and service design.
- Must have knowledge about sustainable and modularized
- Must have knowledge about innovative and sustainable service
- Must be able to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of
intelligent manufacturing and service design in relation to
specific services and applications.
- Must be able to identify intelligent solutions and state-of-art
technologies for intelligent manufacturing and service design.
- Must be able to familiarize him/herself with new manufacturing
and service technologies.
- Must be able to explain the scientific method and approach used
in the project as well as its advantages and disadvantages - also
compared to alternative methods / approaches.
- Must have competencies in applying project- and team-based
learning to complete a team project, including preparation of
problem definition, coherent analysis and writing of a technical
report with clear formulation of results and conclusions, and with
proper use of source references.
- Must have competencies in assessing the usefulness of
intelligent manufacturing and service design technologies in
relation to different services and applications.
- Must have the competencies in deploying the knowledge, skills
and competencies acquired in the course “Intelligent Manufacturing
(and Service Design)” developing this project.
- Must have gained an understanding of the methodological and
science-related approach to the management of the project's
problem as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
Type of instruction
The module is carried out as group-based problem-oriented
project work. The group work is carried out as an independent work
process in which the students themselves organize and coordinate
their workload in collaboration with a supervisor. The project is
carried out in groups with normally no more than 6 members.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS course module the expected workload is 450
hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Intelligent Manufacturing and Service Design|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|