Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have attained thorough understanding of a broad range of
theoretical, numerical and experimental techniques within the area
- Thorough knowledge of relevant theory, methodology, key
elements and their mutual contextual relations within the area of
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Be able to apply scientific methodology to solve a wide variety
of problems within the field of specialization.
- Be able to perform scientific work in relevant topics within
the field of specialization.
- Be able to apply a wide range of engineering methods in
research and development projects in the field of
- Be able to participate or lead projects in mechanical system
design, product development, modelling and analysis within the
field of specialization.
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization.
- Compose a project report according to the field's norms,
use correct professional language, document extensive inclusion of
relevant original literature, communicate and discuss the
project's research-based basis and problem and results in a
written, graphic and oral manner in a coherent way.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Identifying, formulating and analysing industrially relevant
problems using independent, systematic and critical thinking.
- Relating a problem to the scientific area in question and
justify the choices made with regards to the problem definition in
a relevant way.
- Be able to work independently with a project on a specific
problem within their field of interest on the highest possible
level within their specialization.
- Be able to take part in technical research and
- Be able to direct the technical management of development
projects within the industry.
- Be competent to solve new and complicated technical problems by
the use of advanced mathematics, scientific and technological
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
The teaching is organized in accordance with the general form of
teaching. Please see the programme cirruculum §17.
|Name of exam||Master's Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|