Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in 1st – 2nd Semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Demonstrate overview and deep knowledge regarding the chosen
subject of relevancy to innovation and/or entrepreneurship.
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- The student must be able to analyse a need or problem using
various advanced theoretical perspectives related to the choice of
- The student must be able to critically identify possible
conceptual solutions or development directions using theory and to
contribute to the implementation of such solutions.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization.
- Compose a project report according to the field's norms,
use correct professional language, document extensive inclusion of
relevant original literature, communicate and discuss the
project's research-based basis and problem and results in a
written, graphic and oral manner in a coherent way.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Contribute to the development of a conceptual solution by
synthesizing innovation and/or entrepreneurship theories with
- Critically evaluate her/his own analysis and solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous development or enrichment of
theories of entrepreneurship and/or innovation.
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
In this module, the Master’s Thesis is carried out. The module
constitutes independent project work and concludes the programme.
Within the approved topic, the Master’s Thesis must document that
the level of the programme has been attained.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 60 ECTS course module the expected workload is
1800 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|
The master thesis can be conducted as a long master thesis using
both the 3rd and 4th Semester. If choosing to
do a long master thesis, it has to include experimental work and
has to be approved by the study board. The amount of experimental
work must reflect the allotted ECTS