• must be able to identify, formulate and analyse a scientific problem independently, systematically and critically
• must be able to relate the problem to the mathematical-economics subject area, including explaining the choices that have been made in connection to the delimitation of the problem
• must be able to independently make and justify the choice of mathematical-economics theories and methods
• must be able to independently and critically evaluate the chosen theories and methods as well as the analyses, results and conclusions in the project, both during and at the end of the project period
• must be able to evaluate and choose between the scientific theories, methods, tools, and general skills within the mathematical-economics subject area
• must be able to control work and development situations which are complex, unpredictable and require new mathematical-economics models or methods for solution
• must be able to initiate and complete mathematically and economically oriented collaborations, and if relevant also other interdisciplinary collaborations, as well as assume professional responsibility
• must be able to independently assume responsibility for own professional development and specialisation
Projekt work including PBL elements.
This is a 30 ECTS project module and the work load is expected to be 825 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Master's Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination Policies and Procedures|
The student may write a Long Master’s Thesis (over 2 semesters: 60 ECTS), if the thesis is of experimental character and approved by the study board. The extend of the experimental work must reflect the duration of the thesis. The Long Master’s Thesis can also be combined with 2 elective courses, which means that a Long Master’s thesis can either be 50 ECTS combined with 10 ECTS elective courses or 60 ECTS if no elective courses are chosen.
|Language of instruction||Danish and English|
|Location of the lecture||Campus Aalborg|
|Responsible for the module|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mathematical Sciences|
|Department||Department of Mathematical Sciences|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|