Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module builds on knowledge obtained from the project module on
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have the knowledge and understanding of how nanostructures
are built up.
- Must have knowledge on structures and their function.
- Must have the knowledge of and be able to apply relevant
characterization techniques within nanotechnology.
- Must have the knowledge and understanding of properties at the
atomic and molecular level.
- Must be able to apply theoretical models to describe
nanostructures and their properties
- Must be able to apply techniques for characterization of
nanostructures such as microscopy and spectroscopy
- Construct a project report according to the field's norms,
include relevant literature, use correct academic language and
communicate the project's problem and results in a written and
oral manner coherently, including the connection between the
problem formulation, the project's execution and the main
- Justify the choice of methods, models and other tools used in
the project work, and assess the project's problem in relevant
academic and theoretical context
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of properties and
function of nanostructures
- Must be able to apply the knowledge to characterize and model
- Must be able to reflect over theories and models which are used
to explain function and properties of nanostructures
- Handle planning and implementation of a project and handle
complex and development-oriented tasks during the project work as
well as contribute to the project group's work and
- Identify own need for continued development and learning
within the subject area
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision.
Extent and expected workload
This is a 10 ECTS project module and the work load is expected
to be 300 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Characterization and Modelling of Nanostructures|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Group exam based on a presentation seminar and a project
All written and all electronic aids
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|