Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in the 1st Semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge about methodologies applied for resource
optimal mapping of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms onto
application specific reconfigurable hardware/software (HW/SW)
- Must have knowledge about analytical, numerical, experimental
and simulation based methods for assessing selected cost function
parameters typically associated with such real-time
- Must be able to apply analysis/design/implementation/test
methods and -tools for the optimization of 1) performance and 2)
resource usage when mapping DSP algorithms onto dedicated real-time
HW and/or SW architectures.
- Must be able to apply theories, methods, and techniques for
analysis, design, implementation, and test of reconfigurable
real-time hardware systems.
- Must be able to evaluate, compare, and optimize the quality of
selected parts of the overall system in terms of e.g., chip area,
execution time, memory usage, energy consumption, and/or numerical
- Must be able to present, justify, and argue for the
methodological, structural (system component related), and physical
(technological) choices made when analyzing, designing,
implementing, and testing reconfigurable and/or low energy DSP
- The student must be able to select the most appropriate tool(s)
for solving the problem.
- Using the above mentioned knowledge and skills, the student
must be able to identify, prioritize, and apply in a structured
manner the set of tasks needed for solving a DSP problem which in
its solution naturally involves or require a reconfigurable
real-time HW/SW platform.
- The student must be able to create and plan the work and
development processes as needed for solving systematically such a
- Must be able to initiate the above mentioned task
independently, critically, and responsibly.
Type of instruction
As described in the introduction to Chapter 3.
|Name of exam||Reconfigurable Computing|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|