Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must be able to understand the relevance of the chosen problem
in relation to services, infrastructure, entrepreneurship and
innovation including specific knowledge on the core of the problem
and the technical context
- Must be able to understand at synthesis level relevant theories
and methods in a way that underlines important properties, and thus
documents the knowledge about the applied theories, methods and
delimitations within the problem field.
- Must be able to design, develop or analyse a comprehensive
service or solution that is solidly technical founded, meets
end-user requirements and is validated from a market and business
- Must be able to undertake a thorough analysis of specific
applications for technology choices, strategic decisions and
- Must be able to analyze the possible methods to solve the
problem, describe and assess the application of the chosen methods
and how this influences the project results.
- Must be able to synthesize and describe the choses problem and
apply relevant theories, methods and experimental data
- Must have competencies in innovation and entrepreneurship
within the field of ICT
- Must be able to contribute to the creative use of technologies
to resolve user needs and improve organizational processes.
- Must are able to communicate scientific problems in writing and
orally to specialist and non-specialist.
- Must be able to independently initiate and perform
collaboration within the discipline and interdisciplinary
Type of instruction
The project is performed individually or in small groups of a
maximum of three members. At least one internal supervisor is
assigned, who works with the primary subject within his/her
research. Moreover, additional supervisors e.g. from industry can
be involved in the project.
Types of instruction are listed in §17; Structure and
Contents of the Programme.
|Name of exam||Master's Project|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|