Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must be able to understand architectural issues such as the
division of functions between terminal, server and networks.
- Must have knowledge about Internet of Things.
- Must have knowledge about smart sensors and smart
- Must understand general sensor architecture, structure and
- Must have knowledge about basic artificial intelligence and
pattern recognition algorithms and principles.
- Must have knowledge about platform programming and scripting
(Tablets, Raspberry-pi, Arduino, Smart TV, etc.).
- Must understand interface and communication concepts in
relation to external servers, databases, and cloud-based
- Must have knowledge about a range of software technologies
(e.g. Python, Java, mySQL).
- Must have knowledge about different Software Development
Toolkits (SDK), simulators, emulators and Integrated Development
- Must be able to design and implement platform
services/applications using high-level programming languages and
- Must be able to perform platform programming and scripting
(Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoS, Smart TV, etc.).
- Must be able to use sensors and actuators to implement Internet
of Thing related systems and devices.
- Must be able to use simple artificial intelligence algorithms
in platform services and applications.
- Must be able to interface, communicate and use external
servers, databases, and cloud-based services.
- Must be able to design, develop and evaluate platform software
- Must be able to produce technical documentation
- Must have the competency to design and develop viable ICT and
media services that can address a wide range of user needs and
provide with a good user experience
- Must have the competency to compose more advanced service
functionality using state-of-the-art software tools, Internet of
Things, cloud architectures, sensors and simple artificial
Type of instruction
The type of instruction is organised in accordance with the
general instruction methods of the programme, cf. § 17.
|Name of exam||Development of ICT and Media Services|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|