Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- To provide students the opportunity to combine their knowledge
from previous courses and projects.
- To give students the chance to improve their programming and
software engineering competences.
- To enable students to develop approaches that are in the
frontier of cyber security engineering and research
- Must have knowledge about the relation between security risks
and business processes, including indentification and protection of
- Must have knowledge on identifying security properties and
requirements of a system (including e.g. software systems, cyber
physical systems, distributed systems and embedded system).
- Must have knowledge of secure software development and
- Must be able to combine the knowledge of the previous
semester's projects and courses
- Must have deep knowledge of security concepts, both from the
defender's and the attacker's perspectives.
- Must be able to identify the research and development
challenges for a cyber security engineering project and
propose/develop relevant solutions
- Must be able to use various state of the art frameworks for
analysing network traffic, identifying adversaties, as well as for
- Must be able to understand security requirements for an
- Must be able to include strong security, cryptography and acess
control elements in mobile and web-based applications.
- Must be skills in communicating cyber security challenges and
solutions to non-experts
- Must have competencies in identifying cyber security needs in
- Must have competencies in combining a wide range of networks,
technologies and devices to relize advanced and non-trivial
applications and solutions
- Must have competencies in comparing and assessing the potential
of different technologies, methods and appoaches to make proper
security design choices
- Must have competences to independently define and analyze,
scientific and engineering problems in the area defined by the
project theme, also in cooperation with external/internal partners
or as a part of a multidosplinary projects.
- Must have competences to control the workning and development
process within the project theme.
Type of instruction
Types of instruction are listed at the start of §17; Structure
and contents of the programme.
|Name of exam||Secure Systems Development|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|