Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in Risk Analysis.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who complete the module:
- Know the definitions of
risk (and uncertainty)
- Have knowledge about qualitative and quantitative
assessment of risk.
- Have a basic knowledge of probability theory related
- Understand basic concepts such as thresholds and
- Have an understanding for risk management plans.
- Understand the basic mechanisms behind
different risk perceptions and its implications.
for risk management and risk
- Understand the importance of risk assessment and
understand the importance of economic considerations
regarding risk management.
- Are able to use correct terminology for risk management.
- Can evaluate existent risk management plans and response
- Are able to identify, analyse and prioritize risks.
- Can apply the principles behind risk management to undertake
risk analyses and formulate response strategies.
Type of instruction
Lectures, discussion, group-based project work, student
Extent and expected workload
The module is 5 ECTS which is corresponding to 150 hours of
|Name of exam||Risk Management|
|Type of exam|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|
Contact information for Dewan Ahsan: