Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The activity is based upon knowledge obtained at the 1st, 2nd and
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge and be able to understand the
specialization subjects at the highest international level.
- Must be able to critically assess knowledge and identify
emerging scientific issues within the specialization area.
- Must be able to understand the terms of specialization of the
research area including research ethics.
- Must be able to independently explain the choice of scientific
theoretical and / or experimental methods.
- Must via the project and at the end of it be able to provide an
independent and critical assessment of the chosen theories and
methods as well as of the analyzes, results and conclusions.
- Must be able to use a broad spectrum of engineering methods for
research and development in the specialization area.
- Must be able to communicate relevant scientific and engineering
professional aspects of the project work in a clear and systematic
way to both peers and to the public.
- Must independently be able to problem formulate, implement,
document, reflect on and communicate results of a project that
deals with a complex work and development situation in the central
topics of the Master’s programme.
- Must be able to evaluate, select and translate academic
knowledge, skills and scientific theories, methods and tools on a
scientific basis to develop relevant new analytical approaches and
justify its choice.
- Must be able to provide solid time and work plans for their own
project, independently and critically assess progress, and to
select and incorporate relevant literature, experiments or relevant
data in order to maintain the scientific basis.
- Must be able to handle complex and unpredictable work
situations and be able to develop new solutions.
- Must independently and with professional and scientific
approach engage in dialogue with peers and professional
stakeholders in relation to the Master’s programme.
- Must be able to communicate the results obtained from the
project work in a project report.
- Must be able to work around the project of the problem
field and make a joint presentation of the project
Type of instruction
Project work with teacher feedback and more.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 30 ECTS project module, the workload is
expected to be 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination based on the presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|