Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to knowledge obtained in 1st – 2nd Semester
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Deep knowledge of the subject matter in the specific area of
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Apply scientific methodology in solving a wide variety of
problems within the field of specialisation.
- Perform scientific work in relevant topics of the field of the
- Apply a wide range of technologies and engineering methods in
research and development projects in the field of
- Write a well-structured project report, written with clear
arguments including the following elements:
- Develop and delimit an original formulation of the problem
- Critically explore and apply relevant theories and analytical
approaches to the problem under investigation,
- Assemble and process valid and reliable data, relevant to the
problem and sub-problems under scrutiny,
- Make a thorough, systematic, and comprehensive analysis of the
problem under investigation
- Participate in or lead projects within the fields of the
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Plan, execute and report an extensive individual research
project within an agreed time frame
- Conduct technological development and research, and solve
complicated technical problems using scientific methods
- Work independently with a project on a complex problem within
their field of interest on the highest possible level within their
- Take part in both discipline-specific and interdisciplinary
cooperation to solved complex problems
- Compare and critically evaluate the results of the project in
relation to existing knowledge and accepted theories within the
- Consider economic consequences and impact on society,
environmental and safety issues related to the project
- Communicate a balanced view of the results and conclusions of
the project in well-organized written and oral presentation.
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
In this module, the Master’s Thesis is carried out. The module
constitutes independent project work and concludes the programme.
Within the approved topic, the Master’s Thesis must document that
the level of the programme has been attained.
The master thesis can be dconducted as a long master thesis. If
choosing to do a long master thesis, it has to include experimental
work and has to be approved by the study board. The amount of
experimental work must reflect the allotted ECTS.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 60 ECTS project module the expected workload is
1800 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Master's thesis/final project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|