• Must acquire knowledge about basic principles of
self-assmbling behavior in nature, forces involved in the process,
ways to model and design a self-assembling system.
• Must acquire knowledge about application of self-assembly for drug-delivery, thin films and nano-arrays.
• Must be able to use Langmuir-Blodgett technique as well as
other methods to fabricate monolayers, micelles and vesicles.
• Must be able to apply the acquired knowledge to critically read and understand research papers on the subject of self-assembly.
• Must acquire an overview of the current progress in the areas of self-assembly and drug delivery.
Lectures and exercises.
|Name of exam||Self-Assembling Systems|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination Policies and Procedures|
|Study Board||Study Board of Mechanical Engineering and Physics|
|Department||Department of Materials and Production|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Science|