Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module adds to the knowledge obtained in 1st – 2nd Semester.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have gained knowledge and understanding of
implementation/realisation aspects of entrepreneurship/new business
innovation in the broader organisational context (including the
impact on realised strategy).
- Explain the scientific basis and scientific issues within the
- Explain the highest international research in the field of
- Be able to describe the problem solved and the criteria applied
for its solution.
- Be able to analyse an organizational context, innovative
capabilities and potential.
- Be able to evaluate the concepts, theories and methodologies
applied to the solution of the problem.
- Be able to assess the limitations of the concepts, theories and
methodologies applied in the solution of the problem.
- Be able to train creativity skills and excel in
- Master the scientific methods and general skills related to the
field of specialization.
- Compose a project report according to the field's norms,
use correct professional language, document extensive inclusion of
relevant original literature, communicate and discuss the
project's research-based basis and problem and results in a
written, graphic and oral manner in a coherent way.
- Critically evaluate the project's results in relation to
relevant original literature and current scientific methods, models
and evaluate and discuss the project's problem in a relevant
technical scientific context.
- Assess and put the project's potential into perspective for
- Be able to navigate and interact in an organizational context
in the business development process (emphasis on implementation)
through relevant choices of methods and use of theories.
- Be able to account for the choices made during the solution of
the problem, and to substantiate that these are made at a
- Situational advanced application/facilitation of creative
- Participate in and independently carry out technological
development and research, as well as solve complex tasks using
- Perform planning, implementation and management of complex and
unpredictable research and / or development tasks and assume a
professional responsibility for completing independent academic
tasks as well as interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Independently take responsibility for own professional
development and specialization.
Type of instruction
The Semester is carried out as a project at Aalborg University;
the work is carried out as an independent work process in which the
students themselves organise and coordinate their workload in
collaboration with a supervisor. The project may be carried out
individually or in teams. This format is used in case of a
start-up project. The project may be finalized with a project
report or in the form of a scientific paper.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 30 ECTS course module the expected workload
is 900 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Entrepreneurial Strategy|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|