Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
A-level mathematics from a Danish high school or equivalent.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who have passed the module should be able to
- Vectors, matrices and systems of linear equations
- Connections between solution of systems of linear equations,
associated matrices and operations on those
- Linear independence and dimension.
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- The connection between properties of a matrix and of the
echelon form of it
- Linear programming: Possibilities and limitations
- The least square method and the connetion to orthogonal
- Orthogonal and symmetric matrices.
- Matrix-vector product, product and sum of matrices.
- Row operations.
- Gauss elimination.
- Eigenvalues and eigenspaces.
- Solution of a system of linear equations on vector form.
- Bases of subspaces associated with a matrice.
- The simplex method. Converting to standard form.
- The least square method on a data set.
- Can apply methods and concepts from linear algebra, including
linear programming and orthogonal projections to given problems
relevant to the study programme
Type of instruction
- Digitalized self-study
- Workshops on calculus problems relevant to the study
Extent and expected workload
|Name of exam||Linear Algebra|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|