Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
A-level mathematics from a Danish high school or equivalent.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who have passed the module should be able to
- Real functions of two and more variables – definitions, results
and techniques concerning partial derivatives.
- Curvature and torsion determine curves in space.
- Integration in plane and space wrt. various coordinate systems
– including connections between such integrals.
- The structure of the set of solutions to different types of
first and second order differential equations.
- Differentiation of functions of several variables (including
composite functions) as well as a geometric understanding of
- Extrema for functions of two and three variables.
- Maxima and minima for functions of two variables.
- Calculation of curvature and torsion, arc length,
velocity, acceleration and interpretation of these in a geometric
- Set up and evaluate simple integrals in plane and space wrt.
various coordinate systems.
- Solve and plot various types of first- and second order
- Can apply methods and concepts from calculus, including space
curves, integration, and differential equations to given
problems relevant to the study programme.
Type of instruction
- Digitalized self-study,
- Workshops on calculus problems relevant to the study
Extent and expected workload
|Name of exam||Calculus|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|