Content, progress and pedagogy of the
The objective of the module is to provide students with
knowledge of sustainable development and social change caused by
migration flows and their global impact in order to create an
understanding of the complex dynamics between individuals and
institutions involved in sustainable development.
The module includes themes within:
- community based development and sustainability
- transnational identities and social change
- sustainable development goals
- possess knowledge of various theoretical and methodological
tools within the fields of sustainable development and social
- can apply their knowledge within the module’s subject areas to
select theories and analytical perspectives and at the same time
remain critical to these theories and analyses.
- can analyse from an interdisciplinary and comparative
- can reflect and argue on the basis of scientific knowledge
- can analyse sustainable development and social change from
different perspectives and thereby qualify themselves to work
within the field.
Type of instruction
The module consists of lectures and seminars, including
exercises and student contributions.
The module shares exams withGRS021