Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Knowledge representation in theory and practice including
conceptual models and data models.
- Basic concepts, technologies and methods for knowledge
- Principles, methods and techniques for the design and
evaluation of user environments for computer-aided interaction and
collaboration, and knowledge exchange.
- The construction process’ fundamental ontologies.
- Use various knowledge representation properties and evaluate
their practical suitability for modelling of different
- Document knowledge for digital delivery of building
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of methods and systems for
ICT-supported information and knowledge sharing in the construction
process including Semantic Web technologies
- Identify support systems for knowledge management
- Demonstrate how simulation and analysis systems can be
integrated with building models
- Perform conceptual modelling in e.g. IDEF0, E-R and UML
- Describe how a system can be implemented in cooperation with
end-users, including methods to identify user requirements and
evaluation of systems under development
- Specify building processes and building functional systems and
how these can be modelled on a conceptual and data level.
Type of instruction
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars and
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is expected to
be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Knowledge Management in the Architecture, Engineering and
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
Individual oral or written exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|