Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Must have knowledge of output descriptions in construction
- Must have knowledge of management roles and management areas,
including the authorities.
- Must have knowledge of proactive and reactive conflict
- Must have knowledge of basic logistics for the construction of
- Must have knowledge of quality and environmental management
works carried out at construction sites.
- Must have knowledge of advanced project financial
- Must have knowledge of facilities management.
- Must be able to compare different management roles in a
construction project and relate these to the phases of the building
- Must demonstrate insight in different types of output
descriptions and explain their use.
- Must be able to account for the authorities, in connection with
the construction of building and construction projects
- Must be able to use various conflict resolution models.
- Must be able to integrate logistical optimisation in the
management of building and construction projects.
- Must be able to explain the quality and environmental
- Must be able to analyse various economic problems in building
and construction projects.
- Must be able to integrate facilities management theories in the
- Must be able to understand the different analysis models and
have a solid knowledge of the management tasks that occur during
the building process.
- Must master a wide range of management areas for both large and
small projects. Knowledge gained in this module must be used as
skills in project management areas of logistics, economics, risk
management, quality and environmental management and facilities
Type of instruction
Lectures supplemented with workshops, presentation seminars and
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is expected to
be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Management of the Construction Process|
|Type of exam|
Written or oral exam
Individual oral or written exam
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|