Modulets indhold, forløb og pædagogik
Students who complete the module:
- Must have knowledge about design rules for marine structures
including methods for deterministic and probabilistic assessment of
loads on marine structures.
- Must have knowledge about analytical, numerical and
experimental methods for investigation of marine and geotechnical
- Must be able to perform a marine and geotechnical site
assessment and a design basis.
- Must be able to apply advanced numerical and experimental
methods for analysis and assessment of loads and geotechnical
response of marine structures.
- Must be able to compare and evaluate limitations and
uncertainties related to simple and advanced methods for estimation
of environmental load as well as geotechnical bearing capacity and
- Must be able to evaluate the safety by application of
probabilistic methods for assessment of loads and bearing capacity
of marine structures.
- Must be able to apply proper terminology in oral, written and
graphical communication and documentation of problems and solutions
within marine structures.
- Must have an overview of design aspects related to marine
- Must be able to communicate the results of the project work in
a project report.
- Must be able to contribute successfully to teamwork within the
problem area and make a common presentation of the result of the
Project work with supervision supplemented with instructions,
workshops, presentation seminars, lab tests, etc.
Omfang og forventet arbejdsindsats
The module is 15 ECTS which is corresponding to 450 hours of
|Prøvens navn||The Excitation and Foundation of Marine Structures|
Mundtlig pba. projekt
Individual oral exam based on presentation seminar and project
|Vurderingskriterier||Vurderingskriterierne er angivet i Universitetets