Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students who complete the module:
- Must have knowledge about Problem Based Learning (PBL).
- Must have knowledge about the Aalborg model approach to
- Must have knowledge about various techniques for planning and
management of the group-based project work.
- Must have a basic fundamental knowledge about analytical,
numerical and experimental work for estimating the response of a
simple structural part (deformations and/or stresses and
- Have a basic knowledge about uncertainties and limitations of
different types of modelling and testing when analyzing a simple
- Must be able to plan and manage a problem-based and
project-organized study project carried out by a project
- Must be able to communicate project results and processes in a
coherent, structured and understandable manner, both in writing,
verbally and graphically.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate own study efforts and
learning in relation to a problem-based group work with a view to
continued professional development.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate collective learning
processes for joint knowledge development and exchange of
- Be able to perform analytical, numerical and experimental
analysis in order to obtain the response of a simple structural
- Be able to compare results and reflect upon assumptions and
- Must be able to engage in, reflect on and optimize own
participation in a group-based project.
- Must be able to consciously reflect on and develop own
- Must be able to engage in, reflect on and optimize collective
learning processes in relation to analyzing a simple structural
Type of instruction
Project work with supervision supplemented with instructions lab
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 5 ECTS project module, the workload is expected to
be 150 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Introduction to Problem Based Learning within Structural and
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Individual oral exam based on presentation seminar and project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||Internal examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination
Policies and Procedures|