Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
Students must have passed the first three semesters of the
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
Students completing the module acquire the following:
- Has thorough knowledge of relevant theories and methods in
relation to the chosen problem and can reflect on them.
- Is able to describe the used theory or theories so that the
special characteristics of this theory are brought to light and in
this way document understanding of it or the potentials and
limitations of the used theory within the problem field
- Has knowledge of the scientific-theoretical and methodical
roots of the used theories and can reflect on them.
- Has thorough knowledge of the research roots of the chosen
problem including knowledge of the most important national and
international research in the field.
- Is independently able to plan and complete a project progress
at a high professional level.
- Is able to account for possible methods for solving the problem
of the project and describe and assess the suitability of the
chosen methods and also account for chosen limitations and their
significance to the results of the product.
- Is able to account for the relevance of the chosen problem to
the education, including a precise account of the core of the
problem and the professional context in which it appears.
- Is able to analyse and describe the chosen problem by using
relevant theories and empirical investigations.
- Is able to analyse and assess the results of empirical
investigations, whether it is a question of the students’ own
investigations or those of others, including an assessment of the
importance of the investigation method to the validity of the
- Is able to point at relevant forward-directed strategies,
possibilities of change and/or solution proposals.
- Is able to communicate knowledge of the problem to both
professionals and non-professionals.
- Is able to form a synthesis between the professional problem,
theoretical and empirical investigations and to make a critical
assessment of the formed synthesis and the other results of the
- Is able to independently participate in interdisciplinary
discussions and develop work based on the acquired knowledge of the
- Is able to independently acquire the newest knowledge within
the field and on this basis currently improve the professional
skills and competences.
Type of instruction
Problem-oriented project work in groups.
|Name of exam||Master’s Thesis|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||The criteria of assessment are stated in the Examination