Prerequisite/Recommended prerequisite for
participation in the module
The module is based on knowledge achieved in the modules Modeling
and control of robotic systems, Modelling and simulation,
Mechanics, Real time systems and Modern digital control or similar.
Content, progress and pedagogy of the
- Have knowledge about robotic systems including its modelling,
simulation, control and implementation
- Have development-based knowledge and understanding within the
profession and the discipline’s practice and applied theories and
- Be able to understand scientific methods and theories compared
to the semester theme
- Be able to apply knowledge about modelling and designing
robotic systems for different application domains
- Be able to apply the discipline’s methods and tools and master
the skills associated with employment in the profession
- Be able to assess practical and theoretical issues and the
reasons for and select the options
- Be able to present practical and professional issues and
solutions to partners and users
- Be able to analyse results from simulations and laboratory
work, and assemble them to give an overall impression of the
- Have the ability to provide robust time and work plans for own
- Be able to handle complex and development-oriented situations
in study or work contexts within robotic systems
- Have the ability to enter into professional and
interdisciplinary collaboration with a professional approach in the
field of robotics
- Be able to identify own learning needs and structure learning
in different environments for which robotic systems are designed
- Be able to translate academic knowledge and skills in the field
of robotic systems to a practical problem
Type of instruction
Problem based and project oriented work in project groups.
Extent and expected workload
Since it is a 15 ECTS project module, the work load is expected
to be 450 hours for the student.
|Name of exam||Modelling and Control of Robotic Systems (elective)|
|Type of exam|
Oral exam based on a project
Oral examination with external examiner based on a presentation of
the project report.
|Assessment||7-point grading scale|
|Type of grading||External examination|
|Criteria of assessment||As stated in the Joint Programme Regulations.
The student can choose from two bachelor-projects:Power
Electronics and Electrical Machines or Modelling and
Control of Robotic Systems.